Saturday 25 June 2011

John Denver Land

We made it to COlorado. Pete woke up early and drove while i laid in the back and slept. Oh, the poncho myth proved true. The van is now filled with "indian" things (aka cheap Mexican Products). We dropped about a hundred each. (Yes creen i did get you turquoise :) ) I think it was the only thing that was actually made by the native peoples. But it was really cool, very nice people. We drove through the petrified forest and then got back on the i-40. Oh ya, our beloved Barnes and Nobel in Flagstaff tried to tow us. We made it all night but in the morning at about 7 they called out the big guns. I woke up to the sound of a BIG truck next to us. The guy was writing something on a clip board and it took me a second to realize what he was doing. I got up, walked to the driver seat in my boxers, started the car and drove off. No words, i think my appearance and the quick glimpse of the interior of the van was enough to make him realize we cant afford to get towed. SO we drove out of Flagstaff feeling like a bunch of criminals and drove to Las Vaegas( not the real Las Vegas but the one in New Mexico). Then pete drove early to Pueblo and now were in his Sister's house. SO we'll be here for a while and then we're homeward bound. I miss AK. The Rockies got nothing on us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment