Thursday 9 June 2011

If i were rich i would own cannon beach

Peter has been giving me a hard time about my grammar so i promise i will amend it this post. I guess i use the word "are" and "then" in all the wrong places.i bet you noticed too dad:) Oh by the way we FINISHED lord of the rings! GOd bless ya Sam, you are a true hero of middle earth. My uncles was great and we happened to arrive on my aunts birthday. I realized how much i love my family and we all had a really good time. i caught my aunt up on all the neighborhood drama ( there's tons) and watched my uncle roast his coffee. After receiving four home cooked meals ( thank you Angela and aunt Leslie) we rolled out and headed to the Dunaway Vacation headquarters ( cannon beach). WE met up with pete's uncle tim and he treated us to some chowder at a beachfront restaurant. His uncle had a crew house he was living in with other guys from his construction project and he let us crash there. I went walking on the beach and it was amazing. I couldn't help but remember the photos of grandma Barb doing ti-chi on the beach in front of haystack rock. I'm not gonna lie, in memory i did a ti chi pose or two. I remembered a couple of the moves she showed me on her ti chi for seniors video that we watched last year. Being from Alaska, i didn't know what to do with myself at the beach. We allowed ourselves to be 5 for about half an hour and we made sand castles. Being in the lord of the rings mode that seems to be the theme of this trip, we pretend we were building Gondor and Rohan out of sand and the oncoming tide was saruman. I know someone in my family is cringing with embarrassment so i'll move on. Right now we are in Salem, OR, visiting peter's cousin mike. We have been reduced to Starbucks multiple times and so here i am, sipping on a burt americano in an uncomfortable seat while overweight people order "venti" mocha coconut Frappuccinos. Macrina, your life saving energy drinks are out and we must rely on other substances to fill our tummies. Feel free to mail some to Fr. Steven's house( i prefer red bull). jk. One thing i didn't realize living in alaska, was how few skater/hippster/goth people we had up there compared to the states. It seems like if your between the ages of 13 and 25 you have to wear tight jeans and either a solid purple shirt or somthin to do with new york. Btw, the Oregon coast is beautiful. The tress and brush lining the road is amazing and rivals alaska. If i had to live anywhere so far, i would live on the oregon coast. Hello uncle eric, luanne, and Matthew an, welcome to the blog. Tomorrow we are gonna drive further south and maybe even get to the red woods. I'm looking forward to it very much. I will try to put more pictures up cause know that is what people really want, instead of me just rambling. We hope to go to the church in Eurika for pentecost. ALrighty, thanks for reading,
ben d

No comments:

Post a Comment